Associate in Arts Degree
General Education Requirements - 36 credits
The Liberal Arts Transfer program prepares students for transfer to a four-year college or university. It offers students a broad base of courses and experiences as a foundation for future areas of specialization. This program also enables students to make connections across disciplines.
Minimum Credit Hours Required for the Program - 60
Elective Requirements - 24 Credits
Courses chosen as electives depend upon the institution to which the student transfers. It is essential that the student consult with a faculty advisor for assistance in selecting courses. The student is responsible for meeting with an admissions representative from the four-year institution to determine its transfer policies.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Listen, speak, read, write and make presentations on a college level.
- Identify personal values and recognize ethical choices as well as the social and environmental consequences of personal decisions.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity for cultural heritage, cultural diversity and diverse viewpoints.
- Evaluate the ways in which the arts, history, economics, politics, social institutions, sciences and technologies shape societies.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and study strategies.
- Demonstrate mathematical and information technology skills as appropriate for a future specialization.
- Employ appropriate methods of research by assessing and evaluating information from a variety of credible sources.
- Transfer to an accredited college or university.
Please note: These programs can be pursued on a part-time basis.
Appropriate placement test scores, or the completion of certain developmental courses, are required for all programs of study. Additional prerequisites may be necessary for some courses and can be found in the course descriptions section of the catalog.
It is recommended that students confer with their advisor when selecting electives.