We know that financing your education was an important factor in your decision to attend Reading Area Community College. We want to make your transfer as smooth as possible. Some students do not realize there are additional steps to the financial aid process when transferring to another college. Our financial aid office will be able to assist you once the steps listed below are completed.
If you are transferring in the middle of the academic year (after fall semester), you need to complete the following steps to ensure your financial aid will be in place for the spring semester.
- File a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you have already filed a FAFSA at your present school, you need to change the school listed to Reading Area Community College (School Code 01038800). This can be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Contact PHEAA at 1-800-692-7392 to change the school listed to receive your state grant information.
- Provide the Admissions Office (B111) with a copy of your most recent transcript from ALL previous schools.
- Be sure to cancel any financial aid at your previous school, including high school.
It is important to note for Stafford Loan funding, the number of credits Reading Area Community College has accepted as transfer credits will be used to determine grade level, not the number of credits completed at previous schools.
End of Academic Year Transfer
If you are planning to transfer to Reading Area Community College for the next academic year, you must complete the following steps.
- File a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and list Reading Area Community College (School Code 01038800) as the first school choice. The FAFSA must be on file prior to the May 1 deadline in order to be considered for maximum financial aid.
- Provide the Admissions Office (B111) with a copy of your most recent transcript from ALL previous schools, including high school.