Public Notice of Directory Information Available
Reading Area Community College has designated certain student information to be "public" or "directory" information, and, at its discretion, may release directory information without prior written consent of the student. Directory information is defined as:
- home address
- telephone number
- dates of attendance
- certificates and awards received
- participation in recognized activities and sports
- weight and height of members of athletic teams
The Records and Financial Aid Office is the only authorized agent for releasing student information. Occasionally, Enrollment Services staff members at various college sites may be authorized to respond to queries about students.
Information is generally released under the following conditions, and then only when it is in the best interest of the student.
- Degree Verification by another college
- Degree Verification by an employer
- Default Prevention through the Department of Education