The Disability Services office welcomes collaboration with faculty regarding our mutual students. We encourage faculty members to email, call or stop by Berks Hall, Room 209 at any time with questions or concerns about students with disabilities.
Information Sessions for Faculty and Staff
The Disability Services office offers training for faculty and staff on a variety of disability-related subjects. These are offered at least once per semester, on multiple dates and times, with the hope that there will be an opportunity for anyone who would like to attend. Topics vary each semester and include items such as specific disabilities (i.e., Aspergers Syndrome), The Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act, and Assistive Technology.
- Wounded Warrior Service for Those Who Served - 734 KB
- 2010 -Topic: Post-Secondary Education and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act - 351 KB
- Spring 2011 - Does the ADAA Mean Bad Behavior is OK? - 368 KB
- Fall 2012: One College, One Law - 246 KB
- Spring 2012: Universal Design - Covering All Your Bases - 1.65 MB
- Spring 2013 - Seizure Disorder: The Hidden Disability - 4.49 MB
- Fall 2013 - Our Students are Your Students - 4.49 MB
- Spring 2014 - Change is in the Air - 1.00 MB
Accommodating Students with Disabilities
Instructor Memos - This document will guide you through the process of instructor memos relating to alternative testing for students in your class, including how and where to drop off a test, and when and where your test will be returned to you.
Testing Room Rules and Regulations - The rules for students utilizing the testing center are provided for your reference.
Assisting Students with Seizure Disorders
Emergency procedures are provided for your reference