Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code ADJ-RESCARE in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Respiratory Care Program Adjunct Instructor|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$810 per credit hour
Our Respiratory Care Program has an opening for a Registered Respiratory Therapist committed to respiratory care education who is enthusiastic about sharing their professional expertise within the Respiratory Care Program.
Clinical Adjunct Instructor Position Description:
Provide didactic and laboratory instruction, clinical precepting, and evaluation of student achievement in specific content areas within the Respiratory Care Program. The instructor works under the guidance and supervision of the Respiratory Care Program Director. Candidates must meet the below criteria.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care or related field
- A graduate from an accredited Respiratory Care program by the Committee for Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Minimum two years’ experience precepting or evaluating respiratory care students in the clinical setting
Licenses & Certifications:
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist credential issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Pennsylvania Respiratory Therapy license
Adjunct Faculty will be required to:
- Provide academic instruction to students according to approved course outlines and student learning outcomes through lecture and lab; assess and develop cognitive abilities, thinking and communication skills through appropriate assignments and activities in one-on-one, classroom, and distance-mediated instructional settings.
- Precept students within a variety of healthcare settings requiring frequent travel.
- Schedule is mostly day hours with some evening clinical rotations.
- Participate in the evaluation of student competency through tests, quizzes, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information.
- Participate in college training as required.
- Maintain of professional competence through engagement in documented professional development activities.
- Undergo background checks appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
- Complete medical records packet and other required forms for clinical precepting.