- Go to your library account - check due dates, place holds, request renewals
- Yocum Library Class Visit Form
- Yocum Library Purchase Suggestion Form
- Interlibrary Loan Request Form
- Faculty Reserves -- To place a Yocum Library item on reserve for your students, E-mail your request to email@example.com. To place your own material on reserve, please bring the material to the Library along with the completed Request form for Instructor Library Reserves. Check the Library Reserves Policy for more information.
- Power Library: Chat with a Librarian
- Ask a Librarian at RACC
Professional Development Resources
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - Faculty and staff can set up remote access using their RACC e-mail
- Wiley Online Library - Under "SEARCH" select "PUBLICATION TITLES" and type the title of the journal to which we subscribe: Modern Language Journal, New Directions in Community Colleges, and New Directions in Teaching & Learning
- Funded by a grant from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Libraries, RACC is a member of the Affordable Learning PA project which has joined The Open Textbook Library. The Open Textbook Library provides a growing catalog of free, peer-reviewed, and openly-licensed textbooks. Mary Ellen Heckman, Assistant Dean of Library Services, is RACC's Affordable Learning PA representative.
- RPA Journal - Research & Practice in Assessment is an open access higher education assessment journal from the Virginia Assessment Group.
- Temple University Library's Discovering Open Educational Resources (OER) Guide
- OASIS From SUNY at Geneseo Libraries "Openly Available Sources Integrated Search" currently searches open content / OER from 80 different sources and contains 331,461 records.
- OER Commons - Over 50,000 high-quality OER sources including college courses, simulations, textbooks, and K-12 lesson plans and activities.
Copyright, Fair Use, & Plagiarism Resources
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Copyright Office Circular 21 - Reproduction of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians
- U.S. Copyright Office Circular 22 - How to Investigate the Copyright Status of a Work
- Best Practices from the American University Center for Social Media
- Copyright and Fair Use from the Stanford University Libraries
- Copyright Clearance Center - Purchase permission to use copyrighted materials
- The Copyright Crash Course from the University of Texas at Austin
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States from Cornell University
- Copyright Tools from the American Library Association
- Copyrights and Wrongs from the American Association of University Professors
- Creative Commons for content that you can freely and legally use
- Exceptions for Instructors in U.S. Copyright Law from the American Library Association
- Kastenmeier Guidelines - Guidelines for Off-Air Taping for Educational Purposes
- A Map of Use Issues from the University of Minnesota
- Tales From the Public Domain: Bound By Law? - A comic book from public domain scholars at the Duke University Law School
- University of Maryland Plagiarism Checker
- Swank Motion Pictures, Inc.’s Copyright Law – Must Have Movie Licensing
Additional Services for Distance Learning Faculty & Staff
You are entitled to the same extensive library services as described above whether or not you are able to visit the campus. Contact Patricia Nouhra, Distance Learning Librarian, if you cannot come to campus to:
- Create a library account
- Request articles from campus-only online databases
- Request local delivery of library books and films
- Place items on Faculty Reserve
Additional Services for Dual Enrollment School Contacts, Librarians, & Faculty
You are entitled to the same extensive library services as described above whether or not you can visit the campus. Contact Patricia Nouhra, Distance Learning Librarian, if you want to schedule a visit to your high school by the RACC librarian.