Documentation from Canvas
- Basic Computer Specifications Needed for Canvas
- Supported Web Browsers
- Student Guide (Web version)
- Canvas Video Guides
Popular How-to Videos from Canvas
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Canvas?
- Go to the myRACC portal.
- Login using your myRACC portal username and password. For students, your username is your first initial, last initial, and the last five numbers of your student ID. (John Smith, ID 1234567 = js34567).
- Click on the Canvas link under the "Tools/Everyday Tools" menu on the left-hand side.
- You should now see your Canvas Dashboard.
How do I get help if I have a problem in Canvas?
If you encounter technical problems within Canvas, click on the Help button in the lower-left corner of the screen. From there, you can access the guides or submit a help request. It is important to make sure your computer meets the specifications to run Canvas and you are using a supported web browser. If you encounter any problems logging into myRACC, please contact the student helpdesk.
I don't see my course on my Canvas dashboard. Where is it?
Students are not able to access their courses until the first day of the semester. If the semester has already started, please view your full course list in Canvas and customize your Dashboard.
I dropped a course and it is still appearing on my Dashboard and Course list. Why?
If students are dropped or have dropped a course, the course will still appear in Canvas (but not in WebAdvisor) for seven calendar days after the drop date. This delay was implemented because students who were dropped for non-payment (and quickly pay their bill) can be re-added to the course without losing any course work that may have been already submitted. After seven days, the course will be removed.
Online Student Orientation Course
Students are encouraged to take this self-paced online course to help familiarize themselves with Canvas. Instructors may ask students to enroll in this course. To access the course, please follow these steps:
- Log into Canvas via the myRACC portal.
- Once in Canvas, click on Courses in the gray bar on the left, then click All Courses from the list.
- Click on the Browse More Courses button at the top right.
- Click the Join this Course button in the box titled Canvas Student Orientation.