Learn About the Advantage Program Scholarship
The Advantage Program also provides an Advantage Program Scholarship to help students address unmet financial need. However, not all students eligible for the Advantage Program are also eligible for the scholarship. And, not all students who apply for the Advantage Scholarship will receive the award.
Awards are based on: eligibility, amount of funding available, federal grant guidelines, the merits of the candidate determined by student academic performance, personal conduct with staff and fellow students, and the student’s financial need.
- Currently enrolled in credit courses.
- Receiving Pell grant for current academic year.
- Have earned at least 15 credits, but generally no more than 60 credits (there are some exceptions to this rule).
- Attained a minimum 2.5 semester and cumulative grade point averages (GPA).
- Maintain the status of good standing in the Advantage Program.
- Maintain at all times a cordial decorum of civility toward staff and fellow students.
- Attend a scholarship interview with Advantage Program staff.
Students not complying with program guidelines (i.e. attending regularly scheduled meetings with an assigned program counselor/advisor, not completing budgeting course, etc.) will not be eligible or may be terminated from the scholarship process.
Apply for Advantage Program Scholarship - All Advantage Program students who are attending the current semester and are receiving Pell are invited to apply for the Advantage Program Scholarship.
Advantage Scholarship Application
SUBMIT FORM WITH A NARRATIVE, BOTH MUST BE COMPLETED
Step 1: Write an essay detailing the reasons for your request. As a college student, your narrative must be well-written and expressed to be considered for the scholarship. Explain how the scholarship will:
- Ease your specific financial hardship.
- Enable you to achieve your academic goals.
- Enable you to achieve your career goal.
- Allow you to deal with any specific changes in your financial situation (i.e. reduced income from job loss, increased medical expenses or other bills, etc.).
- Additionally, provide information on your extracurricular activities, attendance at Advantage Program activities and volunteer activities.
Step 2: Complete and submit the Advantage Program Scholarship Form. ATTACH your written narrative using the file upload button at the end of the form.
If you have questions about the Advantage Scholarship, contact Nancy Purcell by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone at 610-372-4721, ext. 5074.