Psi Beta is a prestigious national honor society, designed for strong academic students who have an interest in Psychology. While many members are Psychology majors, our members can declare any major, and do have a wide variety of interests, hobbies and career paths. While voting membership in Psi Beta is limited to those who meet high academic standards set by the National Psi Beta Organization, we welcome everyone to join in our Psi Beta meeting and events.
On RACC's campus, Psi Beta's explicit mission is to foster an atmosphere of personal and professional development. As Psi Beta members, we strive to improve both ourselves and Reading Area Community College through our unwavering dedication to leadership, research, community service, mental health, and excellence in scholarship.
Through our efforts to accomplish our mission, Psi Beta sponsors a variety of activities and events, which are open to both members and non-members alike. If you are interested in learning more about what Psi Beta is and does, here are some ways to get to know us:
- Check out the Psi Beta National website.
- Stop by a meeting.
- Check out our bulletin board on the 5th floor of Berks Hall.
- Preview our brief overview of activities below.
- Visit our Psi Beta Events page, which lists the most current times, dates and locations of official Psi Beta events.
On the other hand, if you are already psyched about Psi Beta, check if you qualify to be inducted into this honor society by viewing our Membership Criteria checklist, stopping by a meeting, or contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Do
- Host guest psychology speakers on a regular basis
- Promote awareness and acceptance of mental illnesses
- Offer psychology-related field trips
- Provide a forum for scholarship and exploration of ideas
- Foster productive relationships between professors and students
- Volunteer and give back to the greater Reading community
- Build leadership skills