Reading, PA- Alpha Sigma Rho, Reading Area Community College’s Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Chapter, joined the PTK Middle States Regional Convention virtually on March 28. The Hallmark Awards, one of the major programs of PTK International, engages members to participate in activities which support the Society’s Hallmarks of Scholarship, Leadership, Service and Fellowship. Chapters submit reports on their work in several areas. These submissions are judged competitively and individuals, chapters and regions are recognized for their excellence in support of these hallmarks. Awards are given on both a regional and international level. The Middle States Region includes eighty chapters from Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C.
During the annual PTK Middle States Regional Convention, the chapter received several significant awards:
- Five Star Chapter
- REACH Chapter
- MSRGold Chapter
- Distinguished Chapter - #2 in the Region
- College Project - #5 in the Region
- Honors in Action - #1 in the Region
- Honors in Action - Highest in the Theme "Economies of Everything"
In addition to these chapter-based awards, the following individuals received awards:
- Distinguished Chapter Member - Emma Wright
- Hall of Honor - Carol Tapia and Aaron Valentine
- MSR Superhero - Valerie Mackey
To learn more about developing leadership potential through participation in Phi Theta Kappa programs at RACC, contact Danelle Bower.