Mission Statement and Core Values
The Mission Statement adopted by the Reading Area Community College Board of Trustees is as follows:
Reading Area Community College builds communities of learning committed to educational growth and to the economic vitality in our region.
- We strive for excellence in all our actions.
- We promote student learning and personal growth through teaching and mentoring.
- We create welcoming and safe environments where intellectual curiosity and learning can flourish.
- We value the diversity in our community and the richness it brings.
- We connect students to resources within the College and the community at large that best meet their educational needs.
- We are committed to lifelong learning both for students and ourselves.
Reading Area Community College believes in the educational enrichment of each citizen and the economic and cultural development of the community we serve. We are committed to the four, key "hallmarks" which we believe are at the core of a comprehensive community college: access, opportunity, excellence and hope.
Access. We provide access to an education for all students. As an open access institution, students have the chance to fulfill their aspirations and educational goals.
Opportunity. As teachers, administrators, student services, or support personnel, we strive to work in harmony, aligned with our commitment to student success in order to ensure that every student has the opportunity to achieve their dreams.
Excellence. We are committed to excellence in everything we do. Unique to community colleges is the opportunity to personalize learning and support services to address a student where he or she may be on the learning spectrum.
Hope. Reading Area Community College has offered hope to so many who thought they could never pursue a higher education. Our mission ultimately offers hope to all persons, and we will continue to work diligently to sustain, and ultimately fulfill, that hope for all students.