Assessment: Credit by Exam
If you are a brand new student to RACC, complete Steps 1 and 2:
- Apply to the college and complete necessary placement testing and/or submit college transcripts for evaluation, if you are not a current RACC student.
- Make an appointment with an Advisor in the Student Success Center, 610-607-6245, to discuss your options and how this course might apply to your program.
Most students will begin at Step 3:
- Make arrangements with the faculty evaluator to take the exam.
Note: The faculty evaluator will let you know if your exam will be administered online or if you will need to take the exam at the Yocum Library testing center.
- Take the Application for Assessment: Credit by Exam to Cashier's Office to pay for exam (1 credit, no fees). Application for Assessment can be found here.
- Bring the Application for Assessment: Credit by Exam with the Cashier's stamp and receipt the day of the test and give it to the proctor as proof of payment.
Note: The faculty evaluator will provide you with instructions for online exams.
- After completion of the exam, the faculty evaluator will email you and Records about the outcome of your exam.
- Allow about ten days for your credit to be credited to your transcript. Review your program evaluation in WebAdvisor to make sure your credits have been articulated and how these credits apply to your program at RACC.
- Keep the Application for Assessment: Credit by Exam, Cashier's receipt, and any emails from your faculty evaluator with you throughout the process. If you do not see your credit on your WebAdvisor evaluation, take this form to Records to confirm credit was awarded.
Credit-by-exam is currently available for the following courses:
|ACC105 - Financial Accounting|
|ACC110 - Managerial Accounting|
|BUS100 - Introduction to Business|
|BUS110 - Business Mathematics|
|COM121 - English Composition I|
|IFT100 - Introduction to Information Technology|
|IFT110 - Microcomputer Applications|
|MAT150 - Foundations of Math|
|NET100 - Fundamentals of Networking|
|NUR100 - Nursing I|
|OFT100 - Personal Keyboarding|
|OFT110 - Keyboarding I|
|OFT111 - Keyboarding II|
|PNP101 - Practical Nursing I|
|PNP102 - Practical Nursing II|
|PRG100 - Introduction to Computer Programming|
|PRG120 - COBOL|
|PRG130 - RGP III|
|PRG140 - Visual Basic|