As an online student, do I have access to the same resources available to on-campus students?
Yes. RACC students have access to all the same student services, whether they are completing their coursework online or on campus. Click here for a list of educational tools and student services available to RACC online learning students.
Once I'm registered for classes, how do I access my RACC course materials and online learning resources?
Once you are registered for an online course, or courses, you can access your class materials and a variety of online educational resources through the myRACC portal. Click here for instructions on accessing the portal and essential tools to help you navigate your online learning experience at RACC.
Do I need to log in at a specific time for class?
Some instructors may have assignments or video lectures which require students to virtually participate at a specific time. Please check with your instructor for class expectations.
How do I interact with my instructor and classmates?
Through the Canvas Dashboard, you’ll have access to numerous methods to interact with your peers and instructors. Communicate through Canvas by using:
- Email: Send direct messages to your classmates and instructors. While this works similar to regular email, it’s an internal feature.
- Groups: Work in collaboration with your classmates on group projects and assignments.
- Announcements: Stay up-to-date with important information that the instructor shares with the entire class.
How flexible is the course schedule?
- The online courses are structured so students are not required to attend courses at scheduled times.
- All of your course assignments, discussions, quizzes, and exams, however, must be completed by their assigned due dates. Some courses may also require online group work that you need to take into consideration when allocating your time.
What is the time commitment?
Students enrolled in RACC online courses can expect to commit the same periods of time as they would in face-to-face classes.
How do I submit coursework and take exams?
Your assignments and exams are submitted through Canvas. Your instructor will create assignments, exams, and quizzes, and then you will submit your work electronically through the system.
What kind of computer/internet access do I need?
We try to make our courses as easy as possible to access technically while still maintaining a quality online experience. The basic technical requirements for RACC online classes can be found at this link and the supported web browsers.
What If I live outside of Pennsylvania? What do I need to know?
Reading Area Community College offers several programs that lead to a professional licensure for credentialing in the state of Pennsylvania. Licensure requirements vary from state to state, and there may be a need for additional authorization from the professional licensing agency in that state. Participating in a program from outside of Pennsylvania, if not properly authorized by that state's professional licensing board, could result in a loss of licensing eligibility. Please check specific licensing requirements for your state.