- Complete the online application. There is no fee to apply to the college. For assistance with completing the application, call the Welcome Center at 610-607-6224.
- Submit your most current high school transcripts (including home school evaluations) and college transcripts to RACC. If you've taken ACT, SAT, or AP exams, please submit your score reports as well. All official documents should be sent to:
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Send electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. For help with your FAFSA, please visit the Office of Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Consult with an Enrollment Services Coordinator to determine whether you need to take the placement test. In some cases, ACT/SAT scores or previous college coursework might waive you from this requirement.
- If your Enrollment Services Coordinator determines that you must take the placement test, then your next steps are to prepare for and take the test. Walk-in testing is available, or you can schedule an appointment by calling 610-607-6224. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 for an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test. Click here to view a practice test and tips on how to do your best on the test.
- Meet with an academic advisorfor course placement and selection. Walk-in advising is available or you can schedule an appointment by calling the Advising Center at 610-607-6245.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.