In RACC's 8th annual RACCy Olympics we have partnered with Safe Berks. Safe Berks was founded in Reading, PA in 1979. It is currently located on 255 Chestnut Street. Their mission is to support, counsel, and advocate for women and their children in an effort to enhance the quality of life for individuals seeking safety.
RACCy Olympics is our conjoined endeavor to learn through service and help our community through fundraising efforts. In prior years we have focused on fundraising, but as we evolve we have adapted our efforts to include service learning. The RACCy Olympics wrap up event is an afternoon filled with crazy and unique games – no physical prowess required – in which teams of students and staff compete for an overall title. It is our way of celebrating a long school year of fundraising.
The monetary donation of this year's RACCy Olympics will be going to provide services to Safe Berks clients. Those services include their shelter, housing department services, legal advice, PeaceWorks, Latina Services, and counseling for victims of all types of violence.
Top Three Individuals
- Sonia Rieger (Lifesavers) - $1,260.48
- Sabrina Readinger (Political Pandas) - $565.05
- Kayleigh Rutkowski (Political Pandas) - $455.12
- Political Pandas (SGA) - $2,200.95
- The Lifesavers (Nursing Dept.) - $1,910.03
- Student Life - $1,796.41
- The Saviors (PSECU) - $972.12
- Pica Rulers (FSJ) - $723.12
- People That Kare (PTK) - $688.39
- Mighty Cultures (Diversity Club) - $506.00
Grand Total - $11,156.72
Ad Sale Sponsors
- PSECU Bank
- Brennan & Associates, P.C.
- Gage Personnel
- Learning Ladder Academy LLC
- Century 21