KEYS is a state-run program designed to help a specific group of students attend, and succeed, in community college. Students who receive benefits through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF/Cash) and/or Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps) and wish to enroll, or are already enrolled, in a community college in Pennsylvania, may be eligible to participate in KEYS.
The KEYS program here at RACC provides a student facilitator to help students navigate the college experience and achieve career goals. Students will also be connected to college resources, Berks County supportive services and other social service agencies.
Students earn KEY$ KA$H for our incentive pantry where they can purchase products they cannot purchase with their SNAP Benefits such as diapers, personal hygiene products, household cleaning products and gift cards.
Students enrolled in KEYS may be eligible for financial assistance to cover such expenses as:
- Child care
- School/training registration fee (not tuition)
- Books and school or training supplies
- Test fees
- Equipment/tools needed for school/training
- Car purchase
- Car repair
- Motor vehicle operator fees
Academic and Training Opportunities at RACC through KEYS
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) Classes/High School Equivalency Program (HEP)
- KEYS Co-enrollment Program (Co-Enrollment in GED/HEP and College classes)
- Certificate Programs in Healthcare, Business, Information Technology, Computers, Technical
- Associate's Degree Programs
Contact KEYS Program at 610-372-4721, ext. 5289.
You can also visit the KEYS office in Berks Hall, Room 223.