Admissions for Non-Degree Students
If you want to take courses at RACC for purposes other than earning credits toward a degree, you are a Non-Degree student. If you can say "yes" to any of the items on the checklist below, Non-Degree may be right for you:
- I want to take courses for my own personal interest or to enhance my job skills.
- I am interested in the opportunity to take courses without taking the required placement test or completing any required prerequisites.
- I am willing to assume responsibility for learning any prerequisite material myself and I understand that the instructor(s) of the course(s) I register for will not be expected to cover information or skills taught or confirmed through RACC's placement test process or any required prerequisites.
- I understand that Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- I understand that Non-degree students are not assigned an academic advisor.
- I understand that the course(s) I take and the grade(s) I earn will become a part of my permanent academic record and I understand that whatever grade I earn in this course may impact my future financial aid eligibility.
To apply and register as a Non-Degree student, follow these steps:
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Register for classes. As a Non-Degree student, you may choose to register for classes in 1 of 2 ways:
- If you want to take our placement test, which will help you decide if you're ready for certain courses, call 610- 607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
- Complete a Non-Degree Registration form and return the completed form to Enrollment Services. We will register you for your requested courses on a space-available basis.
- Pay tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Weitz Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
View our full checklist for first-time students.