Reading Area Community College (RACC) is an accredited, comprehensive, open-enrollment education institution that provides the following: Associate degree, Certificate and Diploma Programs; career-focused training; transitional coursework; skills training for business and industry; personal enrichment programs and public service activities. Sponsored by the Berks County Commissioners the College provides affordable access to meet identified community educational needs.
Students from every age, race, religion and many different countries throughout the world choose to study here. Those who are seeking degrees at the college are attracted to programs like nursing, respiratory care, criminal justice and business. Other people pursue individual courses to brush up on a skill or interest, or pursue certification in a variety of subjects. The Community Education/Workforce Development division offers programs like dental assisting, home health aide, veterinary assisting, ESL classes and GED preparation.
The College plays an important part in the business community as well. The new Schmidt Training and Technology Center provides training in senior leadership, manufacturing technology, information technology, workplace readiness and workplace literacy. RACC also partners with other community organizations to enhance the economic vitality of the city and county.
View our course offerings
View all courses or by semester:
- Winterim (4 week accelerated online) December 16 - January 16
- Spring 1 (15 week online and in person) January 21 – May 7
- Spring Bi-Term 1 (8 week accelerated online and at Sinking Spring) January 21 – March 12
- Spring 2 (10 week accelerated online and in person) February 17 – March 7
- Spring Bi-Term 2 (8 week accelerated online and at Sinking Spring) March 16 – May 11
You can learn more about all of our programs and courses in our online catalog.
Community Education: Non-Credit Courses
- Learn more about Community Education classes
- Search/Register Non-Credit Courses
- 2019 Fall Course Offerings - PDF
- 2020 Spring Tabloid (Course Catalog) - PDF
Important Academic Dates
View the academic calendar here or choose from the list below.
- 2019 - 2020 Academic Calendar - PDF
- 2020 - 2022 Academic Calendar - PDF
- Sinking Spring Additional Location