See a list of participating employers on Handshake.
Free Subway lunch provided! Raffles!
High School Senior and Parent Night
High school seniors and their parents can learn about RACC’s 55+ associate degree and certificate programs,
High school seniors and their parents can learn about RACC’s 55+ associate degree and certificate programs, scholarship opportunities and pathways to bachelor degree programs. This event will also include a campus tour.
STTC: Delivering Superior Customer Service
Highly functioning Customer Service teams are viewed by their customers as partners, not simply suppliers.
Highly functioning Customer Service teams are viewed by their customers as partners, not simply suppliers. The ability to effectively represent your company to the customer and the customer to your company is a competitive differentiator that requires skilled and aligned customer service team members.
- Managing dual roles: Representing the customer to your company, and Representing your company to the customer
- Determining Customer Wants vs. Needs
- Balancing a Customer vs. Product Focus
- Interacting with Different Customer Personality Types
- Knowing Your Customer’s Business
- Communicating Effectively: Communication Types, Communication Model, and Listening Skills and Blocks
- Handling Non-Standard and Out of Scope Requests
- Dealing with Difficult Customer Situations
- Managing Time and Tasks in a Customer Service Environment
- Analyzing a Customer SWOT
Workshop Series Dates
- Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Thursday, June 8, 2023
All sessions are from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 a.m. in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Lunch will be provided.