Please indicate the job code CT-RSMB in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Registration Specialist - Medical and Business Programs|
|Apply by date:||
$14.00 per hour
Working hours for this position consist of a 15 hour week (between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.) Monday through Friday. These hours are to be spread over a five-day work week and may require occasional evening hours. The hours may be modified based on the needs of the Career Training Programs.
The Registration Specialist provides customer service/clerical support for the Career Programs. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the below duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen visitors and provide receptionist communication for Career Programs.
- Provide accurate and detailed information to prospective students.
- Assist Administrative assistant with the collection of prospective student admissions paperwork prior to admission into programs.
- Independently respond to prospective student request and send out information as needed.
- Compile prospect student information through face-to-face or telephone contacts and follow-up surveys, enter and maintain information in Excel or Access databases.
- Update current schedules, catalogs, and other printed or online materials.
- Assist with the keeping track of prospective student enrollment and inform Director when close to break-even number.
- Assist with preparing materials, brochures, and flyers for orientations and recruitment.
- Provide student tours during new student orientation.
- Attend job fairs and other events as necessary to provide literature and promote programs.
- Keep a detailed list of start dates, student enrollments, and student wait list.
- Maintain strong communication with funding sources (Career Link, OVR, Department of Public Welfare programs).
- Maintain accurate student attendance records and ensure that attendance is submitted to funding sources as required.
- Provide clerical assistance to director, coordinator(s), and designated staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least two years of full time clerical/administrative support experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse populations required. Computer proficiency required. Familiarity with Ellucian preferable. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with a variety of students and potential students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized.
Occasional travel for job fairs and other local job-related travel is necessary; employee must have access to ready transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.