The Diversity Club is a club open to all students attending Reading Area Community College.
The Diversity Club’s mission is to welcome and celebrate the culture of all individuals on the RACC campus and beyond. In addition, through education of the entire RACC community, the club will promote respect and cultural competency/proficiency of all individuals.
What We Do:
- Foster connections among all students of diverse backgrounds
- Help new international students feel welcome and supported
- Host the Annual International Festival
- Host guest speakers
- Participate in community service
- Visit nearby attractions
The International Festival
March 27, 2019 | 11 AM - 2 PM | Schmidt Training and Technology Center (STTC)
Our theme this year is Let's Dance.
11:00 - Welcome and Acknowledgements
11:15 - Student Fashion Show
11:45 - Filipina dancers from Kapitbayan Filipino-American Association, Chester
12:00 - Moroccan and Bhangra dancers from Barrio Alegria
12:15 - Irish Dancers from Hooley School of Irish Dance, Lancaster
12:45 - Indian Classical Dancers with Ms. Roopa Nayak
1:20 - Latin Dance Party
1:40 - Zumba with Stephanie Anderson
Buy tickets NOW at the Cashier's Office B107. #RACCdiversity #RACCfestival
General Club Meetings:
Meeting times for Spring 2019: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 1:30 PM in the SUB, room Z110
Our meetings are half business, half fun. It's a time for sharing your culture or viewpoint on our theme:
- March 20th: Fun with Fashion - try on outfits from other cultures
- March 27th: Dance Festival 11AM - 2PM STTC
- SPECIAL EVENT April 1st: 12 PM - Lunch/discussion with the film maker of Chavela, an award-winning portrait of a beloved Latina singer who dared to challenge the boundaries of art, gender, and sexuality (in Spanish with English subtitles.)
- April 3rd: Fun with Fools - share jokes, riddles and stories
- April 17th: End of Semester Celebration!
Contact any of our officers for details.
|Community Service Coordinator||Funmi Somori|
Advisor: Carla Mannix
610-372-4721 ext. 4211