Planning to transfer to Shippensburg University after completing your Associate Degree at RACC? RACC's dual admissions agreement with Shippensburg can help you get there!
Shippensburg offers programs for RACC graduates to complete their bachelor’s degree to meet regional workforce demands. Such attractive bachelor’s degrees include five engineering programs, of which, the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Shippensburg’s newest engineering program developed for designing manufacturing technology.
This dual admissions agreement ensures that you will be accepted to Shippensburg after completing an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree at RACC if you meet the following conditions:
- Graduate from RACC with an Associate in Arts or Associate of Science degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Sign a Letter of Intent before completing 30 credits with RACC. Students as early as high school seniors can sign a letter of intent.
- Meet all Shippensburg admissions requirements, including application deadlines.
If you qualify for the Shippensburg dual admissions agreement, Shippensburg will:
- Accept the AS and AA general education (core-to-core) as fulfilled general education requirements for Shippensberg’s bachelor’s degree programs.
- Provide you with junior level status.
- Provide you with transfer advisement as a dual admissions student of RACC and Shippensburg University.
Steps for Enrollment in Dual Admissions Program
- Visit the RACC Transfer Office to fill out a Dual Admission Intent Form before completing 30 college credits. You will be pre-screened to make sure you are eligible for the program.
- Submit a completed Shippensburg University Application for Admission.
Dual admissions agreements are non-binding for students. If you decide not to attend Shippensburg University after signing an Intent Form, you can cancel your dual admissions agreement by sending written notification to both Shippensburg University and RACC.
To enroll in this program, please complete a Dual Admission Intent form which is available from RACC Transfer Services in Berks Hall, Room 209.
For additional information, stop by RACC Transfer Services