Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code CT-HHAI in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Home Health Aide Instructor|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$30.00 per hour
Flexible schedule as required by the needs of the position. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee before the onset of employment.
The Home Health Aide Instructor reports to the Healthcare Coordinator of the Center for Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development who will assign location and hours for activities. The Home Health Aide Instructor provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned academic department. The Instructor will deliver the Home Health Aide curriculum that is current and accurate which includes infection control, patient rights, communication skills, safety, personal care skills, and basic home care skills.
Position requires limited local travel; employee must have access to transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the curriculum at least annually and revise as needed to ensure compliance
- Ensure quizzes, tests, and all instructional materials are relevant to the curriculum
- Assist in resolving student issues
- Teach the curriculum in its entirety
- Provide remedial assistance to students as needed
- Plan, develop, and provide the educational curriculum for the Home Health Aide training program to meet federal and state requirements
- Provide leadership in formulating goals and objectives of the Home Health Aide training program
- Strive to remain current in professional practice
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Current RN license without limitations
Two years’ experience as an RN with at least one year in a home care setting
Prior teaching experience
Experience in online/hybrid teaching
Experience instructing students from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn, follow, and enforce college policies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies affecting nursing and health career programs
- Knowledge of curriculum and program development
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a diverse student population
- Excellent presentation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use Internet software, spreadsheet software, Microsoft Office applications word processing software. The individual must be willing and able to learn other software programs required to perform the essential duties, including LMS instructor training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.